CONDITIONS OF SALE
(AKA “The Fine Print”)
The following Conditions of Sale are the complete terms and conditions by which all
property listed in this catalog shall be offered and sold by SCI/LA:
1. All goods offered for sale have been acquired or obtained by SCI/LA from third parties. Purchaser acknowledges that goods have not been inspected by SCI/LA and is advised, in the case of firearms or other weapons, to secure a competent inspection and test before use. The goods offered for sale are sold “as is,” without any expressed or implied warranties on the part of SCI/LA. Any written warranties delivered to purchasers are those solely of the manufacturer of same.
2. All services offered for sale have been acquired and are to be furnished by third parties. They will not be performed by SCI/LA. SCI/LA shall bear no responsibility for the delivery or quality of any such services or for any loss or damage arising from, related to, or connected with, the performance or nonperformance of such services.
3. SCI/LA has endeavored to catalog and describe correctly the property to be sold, but all property is sold “as is” and SCI/LA shall in no event be responsible for the correctness of description, genuineness of authorship, provenance or condition of said property and no statement made orally at the sale or elsewhere shall be deemed to be such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability. Prospective bidders should inspect the property before bidding to determine its condition.
4. Unless otherwise announced by the auctioneer at the time of sale, all bids are per lot as numbered in the printed catalog. The auctioneer, at the time of sale, may correct the description or the contents of the lot; that description will constitute the item being sold and will supersede any previous description in the catalog.
5. SCI/LA reserves the right to reject a bid from any bidder. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser, subject to the Conditions of Sale. In the event of any dispute between bidders, the auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to determine the successful bidder, and his determination shall be final; or the auctioneer, in his discretion, may re-offer and resell the article in dispute at any time prior to the conclusion of the auction. If any dispute arises after the sale, SCI/LA sale record shall be conclusive as to who was the purchaser.
6. Any bid which is not commensurate with the value of the article offered, or which is merely a nominal or fractional advance over the previous bid, may be rejected by the auctioneer at his discretion. If the auctioneer, in his sole and final discretion, decides that any original bid is not commensurate with the value of the article offered, or having acknowledged an original bid, that any advance thereafter is not of sufficient amount, he may reject the same.
7. In the case of a good or service not meeting the price (reserve), SCI/LA and the auctioneer have the right to pass the item for sale at the highest bid and fall of the hammer.
8. Except as herein otherwise provided, the title will pass to the highest bidder upon the fall of the auctioneer’s hammer; thereafter, the property is at the purchaser’s sole risk and responsibility. In any dispute as to the amount of bid, the records of SCI/LA shall be accepted by the bidder as final and correct.
9. All items purchased are to be paid for in full at the end of the sale.
10. Your purchases tonight cannot be used as credit for hunts currently booked, nor can they be combined with any donation purchased elsewhere.
THE DOLLAR VALUE PLACED ON AUCTION ITEMS IS DESIGNED AS A GUIDELINE ONLY.
MANY DONATIONS ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO EVALUATE MONETARILY.
Good luck, have fun, and thanks for your support